Monday, August 10, 2009

IT FINALLY HAPPENED!!




Well folks, it finally happened! That Today Show segment that I taped back in May aired on July 27 at 8:30am our time. It was surreal to watch myself on television and the show was totally cool! They say that the camera adds ten pounds, so the good news is, all they showed was my waist up! (LOL) The taping can still be seen on the Today Show website and I have to be honest and say I watched it more than once. That experience is one that I will take with me in my future endeavors. I can proudly say that I was a television star for a day! Of course I don't plan for that to be my last appearance, there will be more to come!
You can go to BGDL.com and see photos of the entire shoot and other information about this fantastic organization that I am blessed to be a part of. The big payoff for my television debut was that a woman new to the alopecia areata contacted me after viewing the show. Now that is real success!! I am praying that we can reach all women with this condition to let them know they are not alone. "I'm ready for my next close-up, Mr. Director"!!

No comments: