Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A New Lease On Life (in spite of Coronary Artery Disease)

I am posting this because I have so much gratitude for my life today and want to warn all women about Coronary Artery Disease. God has brought me through many life-challenging experiences, but this latest one tops them all. I was diagnosed with CAD in 2009, and was found to have several blocked arteries which were corrected. In spite of that procedure, on April 2, 2011 I went to the ER with chest pains and three days later I was informed that I would need to have triple bypass heart surgery. It came so suddenly and unexpected until I didn't really have time to process it. But I really think that was part of God's plan so me or my family would not have a lot of time to create more intense fears about it. So, on April 8, 2011 I underwent the triple bypass and my children said it was the "longest five hours of their lives". The amazing thing is that once I got out an initial cry, I did not feel anything but trust in God. I felt confident that whatever His will was, it would be done; and today I am very accepting of it. It appears that it was meant for me to come through it and recover since I am sitting here telling you about it. I also believe that I made it through it because I have a lot more work to do before I go. The experience of recovering from that surgery has given me a totally new outlook on life and a resolve to not ever take things like breathing, walking and living without pain for granted.
The experience has also given me an enhanced appreciation for each and every day that I am blessed to wake up and see.

Today I see the world and the people in it with new eyes, a new heart and a different set of ideals for living. I have had to make some necessary lifestyle changes and I had no problem giving up Popeye's chicken to hold on to life. Coronary Artery Disease is a very serious condition, and I pray that all my sisters who read this will take a serious look at their lifestyle, do some research on this deadly disease, and enjoy this blessing that we call life along with me!!

Peace & Blessings to you all!

1 comment:

ms shar said...

Thank you for your Blog. Very encouraging. We NEVER know when death will be staring right at us in the face, BUT GOD has HIS hands on us. A new lease on Lyfe and New Eyes to see others through are a REWARDING gift from the Most High. At that Moment is when realize what's important and what's really NOT:):) He allowed you to share Your Victory so others who DON'T believe WILL see, that WE CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH HIM THAT STRENGTHENS US......#walkNvicTory