Thursday, February 9, 2012

On a Mission!

Well, I was blessed to see 2012 come in and I have begun a mission to make it the best year yet for me healthwise. God allowed me to survive open-heart surgery in 2011, and other health-related conditions before that. He blessed me to survive an addiction and all the life-threatening events that came along with it. Then he blessed me to relocate to one of the most scenic and beautiful spots in the state of Texas to live and do His work. So now, I have made a resolve to get busy changing my patterns of eating and exercise. I have taken a serious look at them and know that it's time out for taking this part of my life for granted. It is time for me to make the changes necessary for me to take better care of myself and that means eliminating "bad" foods from my diet and including more movement in the form of exercise. I have to admit that I have had some fear about getting back to regular exercise since my surgery, but it will be one year in April, and I'm trusting God. I have learned how to listen to my body and will use that to help me not overdo, but it's time for me to get busy! I encourage anyone who is ready to come on this mission with me, to clean up this temple that we are stewards of, and to live life in a healthier and more God-inspired way.

Peace & Blessings

No comments: