Monday, March 5, 2012

I Love God Winks!!


I was inspired to write this blog posting today while enjoying my day off from work. I work weekends with Monday and Tuesdays off, which works great for me. Looking at my title, I am sure you are all wondering what a "God wink" is, so let me explain. I read a book last year that was titled "When God Winks", and it was a collection of stories from different people of how things happened in their lives that most people would call coincidences. However, the timing and circumstances surrounding those occurrences left the individuals with the concrete belief that it was not a coincidence, but indeed was a "wink" from the Creator. I could definitely relate because I have had things happen in my life the timing was so perfect, I knew it could only have been orchestrated by my Higher Power. Let me give you an example. Last year, after having triple bypass surgery, I found myself with no job, no income and no idea how I would pay my bills. I had sent my resume in for several job positions but had not received any replies. It seemed strange because since I obtained my license in chemical dependency four years ago, finding a job had been pretty easy. However, at this particular time, I got no responses from the positions that I applied for in my field. I even put in applications at Walmart and other retailers, because I was at a point where I just needed income! Now a month before my surgery, I had applied with a program and had heard back from them but only to say they had positions coming up in the future. So it had been 6 months since I heard anything from them.
Ok, here is the God wink! I was sitting on the sofa asking God what was I going to do? I was about to lose my car, all my bills were behind and I had tapped all the resources that I could tap into. I was feeling pretty hopeless, but still believed that everything would be okay. At that moment, my cell phone rang, and it was the people from the program I had applied to 6 months before, asking me if I was still interested in a position! I was so amazed and knew that it was no coincidence that they called at that very moment. I knew it was God, and now after reading that book, I know He winked at me and said " here ya go!". I have had other "God winks" in my life and I am sure you have all had some too. So today take the time to think back on those incidents that you now know were "God winks", and count all your blessings!!

(Just in case you're wondering, I did get that job and relocated to South Padre Island to work with Origins Recovery Centers Hannah's House Women's Program! It is truly one of the best winks I have ever received:)

Peace & Love

No comments: