Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A HISTORICAL EVENT (OR TWO)

Yesterday Barack Obama was sworn in as the 44th President of the United States. This was truly a historical event because for the first time in the history of this country, a Black man was elected to the office of President. The experience itself was one of awe and inspiration. I was at work but the whole place was in an unexplainable excitement all day. We watched the inauguration and witnessed history being made. The most beautiful part of it for me was seeing the older people moved by their having lived to see this come to pass. Their genuine emotion was something I will always remember and cherish. To see the sparkle and amazement in their eyes, hear the relief in their voices, and feel the joy in their tears was a blessing from God. I am so grateful to have been a part of history and know the best is yet to come. I believe if we do our part, then the President (& God) will handle the rest and some positive change will occur
The other historical event that occurred was my son, Jesse Muhammad, who is a Motivational Speaker, came and shared his message with the Cheyenne Center Drug Treatment Center where I am employed. He is a messenger sent from God to inspire others and I am so very blessed to be his mother. The men at the center as well as the staff were all inspired by his words and expressed a unanimous desire for him to return, which he plans to do. The most extraordinary thing is that he normally gets paid very handsomely for this service, but he is donating them to the Cheyenne Center. That in itself speaks volumes about his character and his honest desire to help others. It was the perfect ending to a perfect day!! Post your comments about this historic day, I would love to hear them.

No comments: