Friday, November 28, 2008

Giving Thanks

It's the day after Thanksgiving, and I pray that everyone had a safe one. I thoroughly enjoyed mine with all my children and grandchildren, and all the food I could eat! However the topic of giving thanks brought about some serious pondering for me. It is amazing how that one day seems to be when most people remember to be thankful and count their blessings. It would seem more fitting for us to do that on a daily basis and not just on a particular designated day. Everyday should be a day of thanks; for what we have, for what we have been delivered from, or just for being alive. To have a thankful heart is to have an attitude of gratitude, and that makes for a healthy body, mind and spirit.
We all should take the time to slow down, remember our blessings and make giving thanks not just a day, but a way of life.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree with you on this Ms. Mavis!